Saturday, June 13, 2009

With a side of mouse, please.



If I planned on posting this video, I would have put smarter looking books on the shelf.

In the wild, the male does most of the hunting while the female broods the young and does most of the feeding. Once the owlets are a bit bigger, the female will start to hunt close to the nest, mostly picking up insects like grasshoppers.

In unrelated news, George opened his eyes today!!

****SBOIC is licensed to keep and display all their educational animals. Only qualifed individuals with proper permits are allowed to keep native species. Taking an animal from its wild home is illegal. Keep our animals wild, and leave them in their homes.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! Now I see why he can grow 15% a day. That's like me gaining 23 pounds in one day!

    ReplyDelete